HandPunch 1000E Time Clock With Ethernet Connection
Choose Your Options
Designed for companies with less than 100 employees needing a low-cost biometric time and attendance system with TCP/IP (Ethernet) communication. This model is NOT upgradable and the maximum number of users is 100.
SPECIFICATIONS / LIMITATIONS
- Employee Capacity (Standard): 100
- Employee Upgrade (Optional): None
- Communication (Standard): TCPIP Ethernet
- Communication Upgrade (Optional): None
- HP-1000E Terminal with 100 User Capacity (NOT upgradable)
- Ethernet Communication
- Instruction Manual
- Hardware to Mount Handpunch On Wall
- AC Power Supply
- 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
- No Time Cards or Badge Cards Are Needed to Clock IN/OUT
- The Employees Hand Is Their Time Card
- Employees Punch Time by Entering Their PIN Number Then Placing Their Hand on the Terminal
- Positively Identifies Each Employee by the Unique Size and Shape of the Top of Their Hand
- Eliminate Buddy Punching and Lower Your Payroll Costs
- Unparalleled Accuracy and Reliability
- Fast Setup and Easy To Use
- Install the Software on Your PC
- Connect the Handpunch to Your Network
- Free 90 Day Setup Support Included
- Hand Scanning Technology Assures 100% Accurate Time Tracking
HOW DOES THE HANDPUNCH WORK?
Every hand is unique. The HandPunch takes over 90 measurements of the length, width, thickness, and surface area of the hand and four fingers--all in just 1 second. The technology uses a 32,000-pixel CCD digital camera to record the hand's three-dimensional shape from silhouetted images projected within the HandPunch. The HandPunch disregards surface details, such as fingerprints, lines, scars, dirt, as well as fingernails, which may grow or be cut from day to day. Because the HandPunch uses the unique shape of the users hand to verify identity, it can be used in machine shops, factories, manufacturing plants, and almost any industrial environment where fingerprint HandPunch would not work properly. When a person uses the HandPunch, it compares the shape of the user's hand to a template recorded during an enrollment session. If the template and the hand match, the HandPunch records the transaction in its memory for later download by the time & attendance software.
We recommend using the CompuTime101 software to provide time card reports. During enrollment of the employee's hand, which takes approximately 30 seconds, the internal HandPunch processor and software convert the hand image to a 9-byte mathematical template, which is the average of the three readings. The user's template will reside in the clocks internal memory alowing the employee to use the clock even if it is not connected to a computer. Hand geometry still has the highest user acceptance. With the highest level of accuracy and ease of use, the HandPunch remains as the most widely accepted biometric technology in use today.
WHAT IS HAND GEOMETRY BIOMETRICS?
Hand geometry measures the size and shape of a person’s hand, including the length, width, thickness and surface area. When the user places his or her hand on the platen of the HandPunch, the device scans the hand to determine if the profile stored in the system matches the hand on the platen. No fingerprint or palm print is stored in the device. Data is not shared with any outside agencies or companies. Verification takes place in about one second. Unauthorized access is eliminated since credentials cannot be duplicated. Since the “credential” cannot be lost or stolen there is no cost to replace lost, damaged or stolen cards or keys. Hand geometry accurately identifies the user even if his or her hand is dirty, wet or injured, or if the device is damp, dusty or dirty.
WHAT IS BUDDY-PUNCHING?
Do you know what Buddy Punching is? Do you know how much Buddy Punching can cost your company?
"Buddy-Punching" is when a co-worker clocks in or out for another employee. With text messaging and the widespread use of cell phones, it is easy and convenient for an employee to text a co-worker, "hey, can you punch in for me, I'm 15 minutes late. say I went down the hall." The cost of missed labor hours can be very high. Studies have shown that if you have 15 employees receiving pay for merely 4 minutes of "wasted" time per day (untracked breaks, extended lunches, over-approximated punch times, etc) this will total 1380 minutes, which is 23 hours, of additional pay per month. If your average pay rate is $10.00 per hour, then you are paying an extra $230 each month for labor not worked. Add in an estimated employer contribution for FICA and other employer payroll taxes of 10%, and your annual cost for Buddy-Punching is $3,036.
Now, if on top of that each employee is late 20 minutes just one time per month, that is another $660 per year, which brings the total up to $3,696 per year. What happens when your hourly wage is higher than $10 per hour? It's easy to see how costly Buddy-Punching is and what a drain it is on your company's resources.
COMPUMATICTIME 101 SOFTWARE FEATURES
- Easy Setup and 90 Days FREE Setup Support
- 25 Employee Capacity (Upgrade to 50, 100, 250, or Unlimited)
- Numerous Payroll Exports - Including QuickBooks, ADP, Paychex, Sure Payroll, Millenium, Payroll Associates, Evolution, and many more
- Password Protection
- Weekly, Bi-Weekly, Semi-Monthly Pay Periods
- Report by Pay Period or Custom Date Range
- Unlimited Punches per Day
- Unlimited Departments
- Daily and Weekly Overtime Calculation
- Add Benefit Hours Such As Sick, Vacation, Personal, etc...
- Shift Rule Allows: In and Out Revision Zone to Control Unauthorized Overtime, Punch Rounding and Automatic Lunch Deduction
- Easily Add or Correct Punches
- Auto Poll Included - Download Punches on Your Schedule
- Automatic Data Backup
- Manage Multiple Clocks with One Software
- Manage Employee Hand Templates (HandPunch Teminals)
- Filter Reports by Employee or Department
- Filter Reports by Individual Clock Site
- Color Coded Reports for Easy Viewing
- Reports for Added/Edited and Deleted Punches
- Gross Wage Calculations
- Updates Available For Download
- Numerous Detailed Reports
EXTENDED SOFTWARE SUPPORT
- 1 year extended software support agreement includes UNLIMITED phone, remote PC support, and email support.
- Includes software updates
COMPUTIME101 PROFESSIONAL UPGRADE (With Enhanced Shift Rules)
Define up to 9999 different shifts. Each employee can have a different shift and shifts can be assigned by day (such as shift 1 Monday-Thursday, shift 3 on Friday). Shift rules include the following features:
- Revision Zones (9 in and 9 out zones) - Control unauthorized overtime by not calculating time before and after defined shift times. A supervisor can override a revision zone at any time on a case by case basis.
- Punch Rounding - Round punches to a quarter hour with flexible break points. You can be as strict or lenient as you want and round in punches different than out punches. In addition, you can specify 2 exempt zones during which time punches are not rounded.
- Automatic Lunch Deduction (2 levels) - Automatically deduct lunch based on continuous hours worked with the ability to set a larger deduction for longer shifts.
- Paid and Unpaid Break - Qualify breaks based on duration to be paid or unpaid. You can also enforce a minimum deduction for employees that punch out for less time than required.
- Overtime Override - Set custom overtime levels for employees that are subject to different levels than the rest of the company. This feature also allows you to apply overtime rates to an entire day, such as all Sunday hours are overtime.
- Enhanced Early/Late Tracking - Each shift can have times defined to determine if an employee arrived early, arrived late, left early, or left late. In addition, the enhanced report will flag all early/late punches and provide a count of occurrences for each item.
- Daily Hour Budgets - Track expected versus actual hours for each shift to help identify wasted labor hours.
MULTI-USER LICENSE UPGRADE
- Install the CompuTime101 software on multiple computers and share the data.
- Setup multiple user names and passwords to track which user made punch corrections.
- Assign user rights to restrict access to features such as wages or punch editing.
CODE COLLECTION UPGRADE
- Collect a user entered code at the terminal.
- You define the codes, ranging from 1-9 digits (8 digits max with the HandPunch clock).
- Codes can be used to track departments, jobs, etc...
- Detail and summary reports are available and can be filtered by code number.